Bookcliff Gardens offers Professional Landscape and Installation Services. Planting and Delivery Services are also available. Professionals are always on hand with useful information and advice about tree, lawn and garden care.
The planting crews at Bookcliff Gardens are trained landscape technicians. Our goal is to ensure proper installation of your trees and shrubs. When you purchase your plant(s)we will schedule the planting.
Our planting crew typically consists of two planting technicians, and we bill labor at the rate of $55.00 per hour for the first technician plus $45.00 per hour for a total of $100.00 per hour for a two man crew. You will be billed from the point of loading or leaving the previous job location to the time when the crew is leaving your residence. There is a minimum charge of $100.00 for labor.
If you have any questions or changes regarding your planting, call our Garden Center at 242-7766.
If you will not be there when the planting is to be done, we need to know the exact location of where you want the plant placed. Talk to the landscaping department when your planting is being scheduled.
Put some thought into where your underground sprinkler system and utilities might be. We will try to avoid any damage to any buried pipes; however, we do find them occasionally. We will repair them immediately, however, you will be billed for the time and materials used to repair the damage.
Our crews will install your plants to the following guidelines:
- The planting hole width will be twice the width of the container the plant comes in, or 8"-12" larger than the rootball of the tree. The hole will be dug 1"-2" shallower than the depth of the root ball of the plant.
- We will incorporate amendment and root stimulator to the planting. You will be billed for the actual amount used in installing your plant.
- We recommend staking most trees after planting. An additional $17.50 per tree will be charged for staking materials. We recommend that you remove the stakes after one year.
- Trees that are planted in a lawn area will be left with a 12" ring around the tree free of turf. This helps prevent damage to the base of the tree from lawn mowers and string trimmers.
- We will water the plant at the time of planting.